Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Meet the Mess

Obviously "The Mess" is not my given name - it's Allison - but quite frankly it might as well be! I'm willing and ready to acknowledge the utter chaos that surrounds me, not only environmentally but physically, emotionally, financially, just about any "ally" you can think of. I look at my life and think, How in the world did this happen? The short answer is I don't know. But I do know it didn't happen overnight and I'm beginning to accept that it won't be reversed that quickly either. Change should be gradual, and permanent change even more so. Let's face it, human nature is to resist change because it tends to be difficult and uncomfortable. I'm committed to change, to create short-term discomfort for a better future. Intentional change and discomfort. And I feel in my heart of hearts that I'm not the only person in this world who struggles with these same things, who has felt despair with her situation and didn't know where to start. I'm sharing my journey with the hope that it will encourage you no matter where you find yourself on a scale of tidy to "Holy crap"; with the expectation that I likely will draw the wrath of some and the praise of others; and with the hope that sharing my transformation will help keep me accountable. So come on in and make yourself comfortable. Just let me clear a path so you can get to the couch . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment